This year has been an exceptionally wonderful one at Willowsford. So much has evolved, and our unique community continues to thrive. We’ve worked hard to remain true to Willowsford’s founding principles—the reasons so many of you started a life here—and we’re dedicated to continuing that endeavor in the coming years. We’d like to take a moment to review some of 2016’s most exciting milestones, while we eagerly anticipate the new year.
- We welcomed our 752nd family into the community and sold our 931st home
- The Conservancy opened The Grant Family Campsite and successfully completed our first ever Conservancy Camp, “Lost and Found in the Wilds of Willowsford,” where the stick fort, aka, “Snort Nom” became infamous
- We had another successful season at the Farm this year, too. We completed our 5th CSA season, launched Dinner-to-Go shares and began our farming operation in The Grant.
- We met and fell in love with baby goat Hank and far exceeded our goat snuggles quota
- Our sledding hills saw their first blizzard in January and quickly became a favorite location for neighborhood kids to play in the snow
- Willowsford Kitchen welcomed 40 kitchen connoisseurs into the Jr. Chef Academy where Willowsford kids learned how to plan, prep, cook and throw a dinner party
- We welcomed three new homebuilders: M/I Homes, NVHomes and Ryan Homes
- We were pleased to see several of our established homebuilders add new collections and open in more villages at Willowsford: Richmond American Homes, K. Hovnanian Homes, Camberley Homes, Drees Homes, Van Metre Homes and Pulte Homes
- We launched the Home Concierge tool on our website, allowing prospective homebuyers (your future neighbors!) a more engaging way to find their builder and design their dream residence
We hope you’ve enjoyed living at Willowsford in 2016 as much as we’ve enjoyed having you here. Happy New Year!